Evergreen Valley College Transfer Agreements

Community colleges in California now offer associate degrees for transfer to the CSU. These may be degrees from associates in the arts (AA-T) or associates in science (AS-T). These degrees are supposed to offer a clear path to a bachelor`s and bachelor`s degree from the CSU. Students from the California Community who obtain an AA-T or AS-T degree obtain a guaranteed admission with a junior position somewhere in the CSU system and receive priority consideration of their local CSU campus or a program considered similar to their Community College Major. This priority does not guarantee admission to certain majors or campuses. For more information on similar majors, please visit the website at www.SB1440.org. Students must apply for certification from their CSU GE or IGETC before the transfer. The IGETC certification must be requested from the Registration and File Office. It is not an automatic process. All necessary documents (secondary transcripts or other) must be filed with the registration and registration office prior to this application. Valid IGETC and CSU courses must appear on the IGETC and CSU models of the EVC during the year they are taken.

Students who change without certification may be required to meet the general educational requirements of the receiving campus. San Jose City College and 10 participating four-year institutions offer a Transfer Admission Contract (TAA) to students considering a four-year higher education/university (TAA) program. The TAA/TAG program is for students who wish to obtain an early admission certificate. Below you will find a list of degrees associated with the eVC state of reflection: Evergreen Valley College has established articulation agreements with a large number of four-year institutions, including the University of California (UC), California State University (CSU), private and extra-state colleges/universities. The main elements of a typical transfer plan are: students who have received an AA-T or AN-T can meet the remaining requirements for the 120-unit bachelor`s degree within 60 semesters or 90 shift units. Current and future students are encouraged to meet with a counsellor to explore their transfer options and develop an educational plan that best meets their goals and needs. Students considering moving to a four-year college or university can complete their general education and key readiness requirements at Evergreen Valley College. Students are advised to meet with an early counselor to ensure a smooth transition to the transfer university. Counsellors work with students on the development of student education plans that show the courses needed to successfully transfer. “Articulated courses” can be applied to the general width of the school requirements as well as the important preparation requirements for the university to which a student intends to refer.